Pages

Friday, December 1, 2017

Prescott

November 27 (Monday)

Today we headed to Prescott to look around and do some shopping.

First stop was Verizon. After a week of little to no internet service at the Campground I followed the advice of others (thanks Deb and Dianne) and bought a Verizon Jetpack and an Unlimited data plan. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Time will tell.

One thing I've noticed with my dealings with Verizon is that the answers you get seem to vary with the Verizon Rep. Even the pricing is different. I think I finally landed on a plan and price that meets my needs.

Next stop was lunch at IHOP. We don't have one in Red Deer and we try to hit one when we can.

Then it was off to Costco. We needed meat and we like to get that at Costco when we can. Their porkchops are just right for the barbeque. Nice and thick. As usual we needed up buying more than we needed and $200 dollars later we got out of there.

We took a drive around the north end of the city by the Granite Dells and Watson Lake. (Short on pictures today) The wind was howling and it just didn't seem a good idea for a walk, so back in the truck and we headed for Jerome.







That road is very scenic, assuming the driver has a chance to look around. The road is very twisty and hilly. Lots of hairpins. Thankfully not a lot of traffic today. This was our second trip to Jerome. Much quieter here this time, but it was too late to visit the Historic Park. Maybe next time.


Yes, it was a twisty road!







That was Our View From Here.....

4 comments:

  1. Love it there in Jerome, such a quirky town. We have the Verizon MIFI for years just use the pay as you go plan works for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the Pay as you go plans and nearly went with it. I ended up with the Unlimited monthly plan. I've used 5GB in 5 days! Yikes! And I'm not streaming video or anything.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you have your internet problem solved and are posting again. :)

    ReplyDelete